Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US20040097146: Steering system
Terence Roycroft ·
Adam Ruddle ·
None listed in document.
Andrew R Basile Young & Basile ·
|Application Number|| US10381083|
|Filing date|| 03/19/2003|
|Publication date|| 05/20/2004|
|Predicted expiration date|| 03/19/2023|
|U.S. Classifications ||
|International Classifications ||
|PCT Application Number|| WO20PCTGB0104354 - 09/28/2001|
GB0104354 - 09/28/2001 ·
GB0023955 - 09/30/2000 ·
GB0023956 - 09/30/2000 ·
26 Claims, 5 Drawings
A steering system for amphibious vehicle (100) comprises control (144) connected to road steering means (126). Ram (134) is conventionally used to assist road steering, but by disconnecting command valves (165), it becomes a hydraulic master cylinder, driving slave cylinder (148); and thus marine steering means (121). V represents a layout of valves and hydraulic reservoir enabling marine steering to be disconnected from road steering. The marine steering means may be centre biased by springs. A sensor and control means may synchronize centre positions of road and marine steering. The valve and port layout of FIG. 4 may also achieve this goal. Alternatively, power steering in road mode may be maintained by fitting a master cylinder in parallel or in series with steering means (126); and may have hydraulic, electro-hydraulic, electric, or magnetic assistance.
- 1. A steering system for an amphibious vehicle comprising a steering control operatively connected to a road steering means for steering at least one wheel of the vehicle and a marine steering system, the marine steering system comprising a hydraulic master cylinder in fluid connection with a hydraulic slave cylinder, the slave cylinder being operatively connected to a marine steering means, characterised in that the master cylinder is operatively linked to the road steering means such that it drives the slave cylinder, and hence the marine steering means, in response to movement of the road steering means.
- 8. A steering system as claimed in any previous claim, in which means are provided to selectively activate or de-activate the marine steering system.
- 18. A steering system as claimed in any previous claim, further comprising resilient means for biasing the marine steering means towards a straight ahead position.
- 20. A steering system as claimed in any previous claim, in which the road steering means is power assisted.
- 23. A steering system substantially as hereinbefore described, with reference to and as illustrated in FIG. 1, or FIG. 2, or FIG. 5 of the accompanying drawings.
- 24. A steering system substantially as hereinbefore described with reference to and as illustrated in FIG. 1, or FIG. 2, or FIG. 5 of the accompanying drawings all when modified in accordance with FIG. 3 or FIG. 4 of the accompanying drawings.
- 25 An amphibious vehicle, characterised in that the vehicle comprises a steering system as claimed in any previous claim.
The current document has no citations.
The current document is not referenced by other documents.