Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US20050223677: Apparatus for molding and assembling containers with stoppers and filling same
20 Claims, 4 Drawings
A stopper and container body are molded in the same molding machine. An assembly device, such as a pick and place robot, transfers the stopper from one mold cavity into the opening in the container body located within another mold cavity, or vice versa, to assemble the stopper and container body. Then, the assembled container body and stopper are removed from the molding machine and transported to a needle filling and laser resealing station for filling and laser resealing. A laminar flow source directs a substantially laminar flow of air or sterile gas over the mold surfaces, stoppers and container bodies, and assembly device, to prevent contamination during assembly.
- 1. An apparatus for molding and assembling containers having container bodies defining openings in communication with interior chambers for receiving a substance therein, and stoppers receivable within the openings for sealing the openings and substances received in the containers, the apparatus comprising:
at least one first mold cavity shaped to form the container body;
at least one second mold cavity shaped to form the stopper; and
an assembly device located adjacent to the first and second mold cavities, wherein at least one of the first mold cavity, second mold cavity and assembly device is movable relative to the others for assembling a substantially sterile stopper at a first temperature from the first mold cavity and a substantially sterile container at a second temperature from the second mold cavity into a sealed container and stopper assembly, wherein the first and second temperatures are greater than an ambient temperature of the apparatus.
- 18. An apparatus for molding and assembling containers having container bodies defining openings in communication with interior chambers for receiving a substance therein, and stoppers receivable within the openings for sealing the openings and substances received in the containers, the apparatus comprising:
first means for forming therein a container body;
second means for forming therein a stopper; and
third means located adjacent to the first and second means and movable relative thereto for transferring one of a formed container body and stopper from the respective first or second means into engagement with the other of a formed container body and stopper located at least partially within the respective first or second means, and in turn forming an empty stopper and container body assembly defining a substantially sterile chamber therein.
The current document has no citations.
The current document is not in a family.