Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US20060145663: Device interfaces with non-mechanical securement mechanisms
20 Claims, 9 Drawings
A number of device interfaces that may use magnetic forces to secure different devices together are disclosed. The device interfaces may include magnetic material positioned in between parallel rows of electrical contact elements in the devices. Magnetic forces may be exerted on and from the electrical contact elements to cause mutually cooperating elements from the devices to be substantially attracted and drawn towards each other. Once the contact elements make contact and are engaged, their mutual attractive forces may cause them to resist being separated. Additionally, the distal ends of the contact elements may have mutually cooperating male and female engagement surface configurations.
- 1. At least one device comprising:
at least one first electronic signal transfer interface that can be engaged and disengaged from at least one second electronic signal transfer interface of at least another device; and
at least one material that can exert attractive forces on the at least one first electronic signal transfer interface to resist disengaging from at least one engaged second electronic signal transfer interface.
- 8. At least one first electronic signal transfer interface coupled to one or more components in a device that can implement functionalities relating to electronic signal transfer involving one or more other devices, the at least one device interface comprising:
electrical contact elements being suitable for electrical signal transfer and being positioned substantially nearby magnetic material in the device; and
engagement surfaces being formed substantially near distal ends of the electrical contact elements from which attractive forces exerted from the nearby magnetic material resist disengaging at least one engaged second electronic signal transfer interface from one or more other devices.
- 16. At least one device with one or more exterior surfaces concealing internal components that can implement functionalities relating to electronic signal transfer involving one or more other devices, the at least one device comprising:
electrical contact elements being suitable for transferring electrical energy to the internal components;
engagement surfaces being formed substantially near distal ends of the electrical contact elements to be engaged and disengaged from other mutually cooperating engagement surfaces from other devices; and
magnetic material being positioned substantially in between rows of the electrical contact elements within the device and being capable of exerting attractive forces on the electrical contact elements.
The current document has no citations.
The current document is not in a family.