Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US20070254040: Nutritional supplement and use thereof
46 Claims, No Drawings
Nutritional supplements and methods for maintaining and/or improving the condition of bones or cartilage in a mammal, particularly a human. One such supplement comprises demineralized bone matrix (DBM) wherein the DBM comprises a bone growth improving amount of at least one osteoinductive growth factor. A preferred supplement composition further comprises at least one vitamin, such as vitamin E. One method comprises orally administering to the mammal on a periodic basis a supplement comprising DBM. In a preferred method the DBM composition is periodically administered and there is a further periodic administration of a therapeutically effective amount of a calcium-containing composition; the calcium-containing composition is administered temporally spaced apart from said DBM composition for maximum effectiveness.
- 1. A nutritional supplement comprising demineralized bone matrix (DBM).
- 21. A method for maintaining or improving the condition of bone or cartilage in a mammal comprising orally administering to said mammal on a periodic basis a composition comprising demineralized bone matrix (DBM).
- 34. A method for improving the condition of bone or cartilage in a mammal comprising administering in a temporally spaced apart sequence (1) at least one composition comprising demineralized bone matrix (DBM); and (2) at least one composition comprising a therapeutically effective form of calcium.
- 46. An article of manufacture comprising an orally administerable form of demineralized bone matrix and an orally administerable form of calcium.
The current document has no citations.
|Document Number||Assignee||Inventors||Issue/Pub Date|
The current document is not in a family.