Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US20090105343: Cancer Therapy And Medicaments Therefor
20 Claims, 10 Drawings
The present invention relates to a novel cancer therapy, particularly, but not exclusively, to a prostate, bladder and breast cancer therapy and to Compositions and medicaments for use in said therapy. In one aspect there is provided a method of treating a patient afflicted with cancer comprising administering to the patient a therapeutically effective amount of a nuclear receptor ligand and an HDAC (histone deacetylases) inhibitor wherein said nuclear receptor ligand is not a ligand for the vitamin D receptor.
- 1-21. (canceled)
- 22. A method of treating a patient afflicted with cancer comprising administering to the patient a therapeutically effective amount of a nuclear receptor ligand and an HDAC inhibitor wherein said nuclear receptor ligand is not a ligand for the vitamin D receptor.
- 31. A method of reducing proliferation of or inducing programmed cell death in neoplastic cells comprising contacting said neoplastic cells with a combination of a first and a second medicament, the combination being one which up-regulates mRNA of both the nuclear receptor and at least one anti-proliferative target gene whereby to enhance antiproliferation and/or programmed cell death in said neoplastic cells, the first medicament being a nuclear receptor ligand and the second medicament being an HDAC inhibitor, except for the combination of 1α,25(OH)2D3 and TSA or NaB.
- 35. A method of reducing proliferation and/or inducing programmed cell death of neoplastic cells exhibiting abnormal expression or activity of a co-repressor protein, comprising contacting said cells with an HDAC inhibitor and an anti-proliferative and/or programmed cell death-inducing gene trans-activating factor, whereby to induce expression of said anti-proliferative and/or programmed-cell death-inducing gene.
- 40. A synergistic combination of an HDAC inhibitor and a nuclear receptor ligand, other than a ligand for the VDR, for reducing proliferation of or inducing programmed cell death in neoplastic cells.
The current document has no citations.
The current document is not referenced by other documents.
The current document is not in a family.