Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US4052167: Heating unit and fertilizer preparation
19 Claims, No Drawings
A heating unit consisting of a mixture and blend of a built in means including organic, inorganic materials, and fuels compressed into a generally stable solid, which, due to built in expanding force means, such as vermiculite ore embodies the function of the non-existant conventional liquid fuel container and heater for burning fuel with a regulated intensity rate and length of burn; the heating unit slowly self-destructs its mass, and by this burn method so alters or changes the left over or spent material, at least in part, as to cause it to become a useful fertilizer, said conditioner and plant nutrient. The organic materials may consist of paper, wood, organic muck, peat, and the like. The inorganic material may consist of phosphate, phosphate clay, limestone, dolomite, calcium, magnesium, sodium and the ore of the non-metallic mineral vermiculite, and the like. The fuel may be a liquid or solid hydro-carbons. The primary object of this invention is to provide an effective heating system for protection in agricultural areas where winter-time crops are grown and by virtue of said heating to provide an added benefit of fertilizer, which will in major part overcome the traditionally high cost of such heating.
- 1. A combination outdoor heating unit and plant nutrient producing unit comprising:a combustible mixture of a compressed mass providing a surface fire burning area,said mass including a mixture of,at least one compacted organic solid material, said organic material including a fuel that supports surface fire burning, andat least one inorganic material, said inorganic material includes an automatic built-in force means dispersed throughout said mass to rid the surface of the mass of the oxidized surface layer material, and to remove small surface particles from said compressed mass as the surface of the mass burns to provide a plant nutrient by-product after the combination unit is burned.
- 8. The method of providing heat and plant nutrient for agricultural areas by the following steps:mixing into a mass at least one organic material to provide a combustible, fuel-absorbing material,a fuel to provide heat during fire burning, andat least one inorganic material to provide a force means at the surface during fire burning,compressing said mass into a solid, andigniting the fire burning surface to protect agricultural areas by heating said areas and to remove surface particles from said mass to continue the surface burning and provide agricultural plant nutrients.
- 11. A heating unit comprising:a mixture of organic material,inorganic material, andliquid fuel that supports surface fire burning,said mixture of said organic, inorganic materials and fuel compressed into a generally stable solid, holding as much as 75 percent of the mixtures weight in fuel,said solid including an ignitable air exposed surface,said mixture providing means to control the flow and transfer of heat outward from the surface and the length of burn,said mixture providing additional force means for cleansing of the fire burning surface of spent material to insure a generally constant intensity and rate of burn, said spent material falls into a heap at the foot of said solid heating unit to the destructive deterioration of the mass and the increase in particle size of the left-over force means, whereby the force means are saturated and fixed by the burn gases and inorganic material and are slowly distilled to alter or change the materials to form useful fertilizer, soil conditioner and plant nutrients.
- 12. A compressible mass at least partially self-consumable by surface burning by fire to provide heat comprising:an automatic force means mixed in the mass to aid gravitation in the continuous burning by fire of the surface of the mass, said force means triggered by the heat of the surface burning in order to rid the surface of oxidized and other materials,said mass includes a formulated mixture of fuel, organic, and at least one inorganic material including said force means, said formulated mixture of known sources of materials that feed fires and known sources of materials that provide improved plant nutrients after burning,whereby said mass upon burning by fire provides radiant and convection heating of the immediate area and said spent material ejected from the surface of the mass by the force means or heat distilled and heat changed by the surface burning by fire to make available plant nutrients.
- 13. A mass including a dense-unexpanded inorganic ore of the non-metallic mineral vermiculite or perlite or the like for producing useful heat and plant nutrients comprising:a mass of a blended and formulated material having a fire burning surfce including,fuels to produce heat by burning to produce at least 100,000 BTU input per 100 pounds of mass,inorganic materials of known sources of plant nutrients, andsaid inorganic materials including a force means of a dense unexpanded inorganic ore of the non-metallic mineral vermiculite or perlite or the like, andsaid vermiculite or perlite or the like included in sufficient quantity and dispersed throughout the mass to provide upon being heated by the fire burning surface an expanding vermiculite or perlite or the like at the fire burn surface to act by force to provide a relatively clean fire burn surface and to eventually cause self-destruction of the mass by removing portions of the materials from the mass, and to provide a platey, laminated, porous, absorptive structure cavity means to hold and be saturated by gases from the heat distilled fuels and other materials and free nitrogen from the air after oxygen is used to support combustion at the fire burn surface for providing improved plant nutrients from the removed materials and gases.
- 16. A method of producing heat by continuous surface combustion by fire of a mass by mechanical self-deterioration of the mass by the steps of:mixing an organic material including combustible fuel, inorganic material, and a force means of inorganic ore of the non-metallic mineral vermiculite or perlite or the like into a mass, to provide a surface that supports combustion by fire.said vermiculite or perlite or the like included in sufficient quantity and dispersed throughout the mass to provide proper surface cleaning to prevent extinguishing the fire on the burning surface,igniting the surface of said mass to provide a fire burning surface,said vermiculite or perlite or the like upon being heated by the burning surface will expand in and about the burn surface and the act of expansion will mechanically cleanse the burning surface of surface materials, whereby said mass gradually self-deteriorates and each layer of surface is exposed for burning in the atmosphere.
- 19.19. A compressible mass at least partially self-consumable by surface burning by fire to provide heat comprising:an automatic force means mixed in the mass to aid gravitation in the continuous burning by fire of the surface of the mass, said force means triggered by the heat of the surface burning in order to rid the surface of oxidized and other materials,said mass including a formulated mixture of organic materials that feed fires, said mass includes a surface burnable by fire,whereby said mass upon surface burning by fire provides radiant and convection heating of the immediate area.
U.S. Patent Documents
The current document is not in a family.