Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US4136304: Control device for a braking mechanism using an energy-storing spring
14 Claims, No Drawings
A control system for use with a braking mechanism which employs an energy-storing spring and an electric rotating servomotor is disclosed. The system operates employing a direct or indirect measurement of the stored braking force. When an indirect approach is used, a pair of selsyns supply a measured rotational parameter which is related to braking force. After suitable processing, which includes the use of a discriminator and counter, a parameter relating to the stored braking force is compared with a desired value at a summing point to provide a correction parameter for braking control. When direct braking force measurement is used, the measured braking force is supplied directly to a summing point for comparison with a desired value. In both direct and indirect measurement, a differentiator is included which supplies the derivative of the measured value to the summing point. The output of the summing point is a correction parameter which operates triggering devices for brake actuation and release. These devices in turn control the motor and a brake control winding in the braking mechanism.
- 1. In a control system for a braking mechanism of the type wherein the braking mechanism employs an energy-storing spring, an electric rotatable servomotor and a translationally movable spindle rod, the improvement comprising:means for measuring a parameter related to the stored braking force of said braking mechanism and wherein the servomotor includes a rotor and said stored braking force parameter measuring means includes means for determining the angular position of the servomotor rotor.
- 11. In a control system for a braking mechanism of the type wherein the braking mechanism employs an energy-storing spring, an electric rotatable servomotor and a translationally movable spindle rod, the improvement comprising:means for measuring a parameter related to the stored braking force of said braking mechanism, wherein said measured parameter is compared with a desired braking force at an algebraic summing point, which point is responsive to the desired braking force, to produce a correction force for controlling the braking mechanism.
U.S. Patent Documents
Foreign Patent Documents
|Document Number||Assignees||Inventors||Issue/Pub Date|
|GB1442652||HITACHI LTD||Jul 1976|