Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US4167083: Grinding machine adapted for changing of grinding wheels on a grinding spindle
12 Claims, No Drawings
Grinding machine adapted for changing of grinding wheels on a grinding spindle bolt of the kind in which the grinding wheel is fixed to the grinding spindle by introducing the spindle bolt in a bushing provided in a centrally located bore in the grinding wheel, and is removed from the spindle bolt by being axially pulled off said spindle bolt, characterized by that the envelope surface of the spindle bolt is provided with at least one ridge, which is arranged in the form of a helix with a great pitch.
- 1. Grinding machine adapted for the rapid changing of grinding wheels on a grinding spindle bolt comprising a deformable bushing which is provided in a centrally located bore in said grinding wheel and adapted to receive said grinding spindle bolt, said spindle bolt having an external surface provided with at least one ridge helically arranged about said external surface, said ridge having a diameter exceeding the internal diameter of said bushing, the internal surface of said bushing being without grooves for receiving said ridges whereby said bushing is deformed by said ridges, said helix being pitched sufficiently greatly to enable assembly and disassembly of said wheel on said spindle bolt solely by axially directed forces.
- 8. In a grinding wheel assembly including a grinding wheel having a central mounting hole, and a driving spindle insertable in the same hole for driving said wheel; the improvement wherein the outer surface of said spindle is formed with a cylindrical surface having helical ridges and said hole is lined with a bushing of easily deformable material, said bushing having an internal diameter less than the outer diameter of said ridge, but sufficiently great to enable the inserting of said spindle therein, and being free of preformed internal grooves for receiving said ridge, said ridges having a sufficiently great pitch to enable assembly and disassembly of said wheel on said spindle substantially solely by the application of axially directed forces on said wheel and spindle.
U.S. Patent Documents
Foreign Patent Documents
The current document is not in a family.