Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US4194574: Draft power sensor and method for improving performance in earthmoving equipment
11 Claims, No Drawings
A draft power sensor is shown which is capable of determining the amount of power being applied to the soil in earthmoving equipment. The effective draft force and the true ground speed of the earthmoving equipment are measured. This information is processed electronically to provide the product of the two values, which is the draft power. Production from earthmoving equipment can be maximized if the highest value of the draft power is maintained.
- 1. Apparatus for determining the draft power of earth-moving equipment, said apparatus comprising:(a) a detecting means to measure the true ground speed of said earthmoving equipment;(b) detecting means to measure the draft force applied to the soil by said earthmoving equipment;(c) means for processing information obtained from said detecting means to measure true ground speed and information obtained from said detecting means to measure draft force, to derive a product which is draft power.
- 7. A method for determining the draft power of earthmoving equipment comprising the steps of(a) measuring the true ground speed of said earthmoving equipment;(b) measuring the draft force applied by said earthmoving equipment(c) processing the measured value of said true ground speed and the value of said draft force to obtain draft power.
U.S. Patent Documents
Foreign Patent Documents
|Document Number||Assignees||Inventors||Issue/Pub Date|
|DE2508620||VALMET OY||Aug 1975|
|"New Tricks for the Seabee Bulldozer," The Naval Civil Engineer, Fall 1974, pp. 42, 43.|
|"Tractor Earth Blading at High Speeds-Now a Reality," by E. T. Small, SAE Paper 998B, Jan. 1965.|
The current document is not in a family.