Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US5094613: Heat fixing roller having powder metal gudgeon
26 Claims, No Drawings
A fixing mechanism is provided including a heated roller. The heated roller includes a core made of a high thermally conductive metallic material, and a gudgeon for supporting such a core. The gudgeon is made from powder metal stainless steel material that has an interconnected porosity of 20%.
- 1. A fixing mechanism for electrostatographic reproduction apparatus including a heated roller, the heated roller comprising:(a) a core, said core being made from a high thermally conductive metallic material; and(b) a gudgeon for supporting said core, said gudgeon being made from an austenitic stainless steel powder metal part having an interconnected porosity of 20%.
- 20. A process for making stainless steel powder metal gudgeons to be connected to a heated roller of an electrostatographic fixing mechanism, the process including the steps of:(a) molding austenitic stainless steel powder so as to produce a gudgeon having a green density of 5.7 gm/cc; and(b) sintering the molded gudgeon at a temperature within the range 2200.degree.-2500.degree. F. so as to achieve an interconnected porosity of about 20%.
- 25. A process for making and connecting a stainless steel powder metal gudgeon to a metallic core heated roller of an electrostatographic fixing mechanism, the process including the steps of:(a) molding the stainless steel powder metal into a gudgeon having a generally cylindrical head including a nose portion and a shoulder flange portion;(b) sintering the molded gudgeon at a temperature within the range 2200.degree.-2500.degree. F. so as to achieve an interconnected porosity of about 20%; and(c) friction welding the head of the gudgeon to the metalic core of the heated roller such that the nose portion of the gudgeon forced-fits into an end of such core.
U.S. Patent Documents
Foreign Patent Documents
|Document Number||Assignees||Inventors||Issue/Pub Date|
|FR2589258||VAURS ROBERT||Apr 1987|
|Research Disclosure, 13027 (pp. 23, 24), Feb. 1975.|
|Abstract of Japanese Kokai No. J57-158867-A, Published 11/6/89.|
The current document is not in a family.