Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US5449554: Antistatic film and method of manufacturing the same
12 Claims, No Drawings
In a molecule of a monomolecular film, a metal complex is introduced to form an antistatic film. This film is desirably transparent, durable, extremely thin and weakly conductive.
The method of manufacturing an antistatic film involves (i) exposing a substrate with an active hydrogen atom thereon to a chemical adsorbent containing a straight carbon-chain group with a silyl group at one end and a phosphonate or carboxyl group at the other end to form a chemically adsorbed monomolecular film, and (ii) soaking the monomolecular film in a solution of a metal salt to form a film containing a complex of the metal element. An antistatic multi-monomolecular film can also be formed by laminating the monomolecular films using hydroxyl groups each bonding to the metal element in each monomolecular film.
- 1. An antistatic film comprising a molecule with a straight carbon-chain group chemically adsorbed and bonded to a substrate via a covalent bond, the film being a monomolecular film or a multi-monomolecular film, wherein said molecule with a straight carbon-chain group comprises at least one metal complex selected from the group consisting of a metal-phosphonate complex and a metal-carboxy complex.
- 6. A method of manufacturing an antistatic film comprising the steps of:subjecting a substrate having an active hydrogen-containing group on its surface to a condensation reaction with a chemical adsorbent containing a straight carbon-chain group with a silyl group at a first end and one group selected from the group consisting of a phosphonate group and a carboxyl group at a second end to form a monomolecular film; andsoaking said monomolecular film in a solution of a metal salt to react said one group selected from the group consisting of a phosphonate group and a carboxyl group on said monomolecular film with said metal salt to form a metal complex.
U.S. Patent Documents
Foreign Patent Documents
|Document Number||Assignees||Inventors||Issue/Pub Date|
|EP0091741||MINNESOTA MINING AND MANUFACTURING COMPANY||Oct 1983|
|FR2410029||DAICEL LTD||Jun 1979|
|European Search Report (Application No. EP93113927), Dec. 17, 1993.|