Boliven PRO is more than just patent search
- Build and save lists using the powerful Lists feature
- Analyze and download your search results
- Share patent search results with your clients
US6591878: Method and apparatus for clamping a knife
20 Claims, 5 Drawings
A method and apparatus for clamping a knife. A front side of the knife includes a recess and the knife is clamped between an outer clamping member adapted to receive the back side of the knife, and a inner clamping member adapted to receive the front side of the knife, the inner clamping member making contact with the front side of the knife at two spaced locations thereon, wherein at least one of the locations is outside the recess and the other is inside the recess, wherein the width of the recess normalized by the overall width of the knife yields a result that is preferably no more than about 0.22.
- 1. A knife for use in a wood chipping apparatus, the knife having an elongate axis, and front and back sides co-terminating in two cutting edges defining an overall width “W” of the knife, wherein said front side includes a recess extending along said elongate axis, wherein the width “wr” of said recess, divided by the width “W,” results in a value that is less than or equal to about 0.31.
- 10. A counterknife for a knife used in a wood chipping apparatus, the knife having a front side terminating in at least one cutting edge, the counterknife comprising an outer surface for disposition proximate the front side of the knife, said outer surface having two spaced-apart contact surfaces that are raised in elevation relative to the remainder of said outer surface, said contact surfaces being spaced a maximum of about 0.65″ to 0.75″ apart as measured from corresponding outside edges.
- 12. A wood chipping apparatus comprising:
a knife having front and back sides co-terminating in two cutting edges for the knife, wherein the distance between the cutting edges defines an overall width of the knife, the knife having a recess in said front side; and
a counterknife for receiving and making contact with the front side of the knife at just two spaced locations thereon, wherein at least one of said locations is outside said recess a distance “s,” wherein the ratio “s/W” is less than or equal to about 0.22.
U.S. Patent Documents